Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Robinson stable and alert, but remains in hospital

File: ANR Robinson
Former President ANR Robinson is still in hospital but he is stable and in good spirits. Robinson, 85, was admitted to the St. Clair Medical Centre on Monday after complaining of feeling unwell.

Acting Prime Minister Jack Warner visited Mr. Robinson on Tuesday afternoon and gave media an assessment of the condition of the former head of state.

"He's extremely lucid, he is weak of course but he is quite clear, he is speaking quite well. In fact, he said to me that I brought new energy and vigour to the Government and he said anything he can do to help, he will."

Warner did not want to offer a medical opinion. "I wish him the best, I wish him a speedy recovery. I am advised that he may check out here tomorrow. I did tell him that anything the Government can do to make him better, to get him to a speedy recovery, we shall do. I said to him the sky is the limit and I was speaking to him on behalf of the Prime Minister," he said.

Robinson is the only person to have held the three highest public offices in Trinidad & Tobago. He was the first Chairman of the Tobago House of Assembly (THA), was Prime Minister from 1986 to 1991 and was elected president in 1997. Last year the government renamed the Crown Point International Airport after him.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai