Tuesday, February 21, 2012

PM Kamla plays mas with Panorama champs

Prime Minster Kamla Persad-Bissessar played traditional sailor mas Monday with Panorama Steelband champion—the Neal and Massy Trinidad All Stars.

She said she chose to play mas with the All Stars because she wanted to avoid any controversy regarding the judging of the Parade of the Bands.

"Many years ago I played Monday mas with Starlift and this is the same section I'm advised, so..and they're great champions," she told national media.

"I think, I didn't want to go in one of the normal mas bands because I feel it would be controversial they're competing but the pan is our national instrument and I give them that support ," the Prime Minister said on TV6.

She said she chose All Stars before they won the Panorama finals.

She costume included a white sailor's hat, a colourful sailor's shirt and white sailor pants. Her Special Branch security detail surrounded her wearing similar costumes.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai