Monday, May 6, 2013

"I will keep my options open," Warner. MSJ staying out of CWC

Jack Warner has launched a full scale campaign for re-election although he is not sure that his party - the the United National Congress (UNC) - would nominate him to run in the by-election he himself has forced by resigning as the MP.

At a meeting in Felicity Sunday evening he suggested that the screening committee might have already made up its mind.

And he launched a scathing attack on one of his party's deputy leaders, Dr Suruj Rambachan, while offering to work with Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

Rambachan has said he has no comment to make on allegations made agains him.

The UNC's position is that its national executive would decide on the issue but the seat has not yet been declared so it is premature to make any announcement.

If the UNC does not nominate Warner the former UNC chairman would have two options - run as an independent or stand down and support his party. Warner told reporters he is keeping all options open.

"I am saying that when that bridge comes I will cross it," he said. "If I am selected, I will be grateful. If I’m not, I will keep my options open.”

At least one party is staying out of the CWC election. While the PNM has said it will nominate a candidate and win the seat the Movement for Social Justice (MSJ) is staying out.

MSJ leader David Abdullah told reporters on Sunday there is a UNC power struggle taking place in the constituency and his party is not interested in getting involved in that. 

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai