Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Carolyn says THANKS to God and supporters

COP Chair
Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan
First, I wish to thank the Almighty; with God all things are possible.

I want to thank all those who participated in helping me become Chairman of this Party. I am humbled by the outpouring of support, heartfelt wishes and goodwill.

I want to thank all those who participated - all the candidates and all the supporters who came out in this campaign.

This was a campaign that will allow us to demonstrate to the rest of Trinidad and Tobago how the politics of this country should be conducted. Once more, COP is leading the way.

Ladies and gentlemen, throughout the campaign, a number of issues were raised. I give you a commitment and I promise that I will work in good faith with all candidates to address and resolve these issues.

I want to say that we are all one in the COP. The COP is a home to everyone and so I make the appeal for everyone to stay with us. To all candidates, we are all winners.

We have to set the stage for Trinidad and Tobago. COP must lead the way. This is the hope for Trinidad and Tobago and we must not let down the people of Trinidad and Tobago.

I would prefer this not be a personal victory of my becoming Chairman, but more for us to celebrate the democratic process of our party.

I know to whom much is given, much is expected, and I know that we will continue to work and to make sure that we make you proud. As we take the party forward, it is no longer business as usual.


Once more I wish to thank each and every one of you for your support, not only for me but for all of our candidates, and we look forward to your full participation.

I thank you, and may God Bless us all.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai