Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tewarie eulogises dad as a caring, dedicated parent

Planning Minister Dr Bhoe Tewarie delivered the eulogy Monday at his father's funeral, describing Dabiedatt Tewarie as the person responsible for his successes in life.

“He cared about what I did, how I was, what was happening to me, and how I felt for everyday of my life until he died," Dr Tewarie said. "On the days I didn’t see him face to face at his home, he would call me in the night to see if I was alright, and to ask me to talk to my mother as well,” he said.

Dabiedatt died at the St Augustine Private Hospital on Wednesday. He was 85.

Tewarie said his father was a thinker, a person who could do no evil. Tewarie said his father was a highly religious and spiritual man who dedicated his life to his family.

“He taught us many things. He taught us never to be motivated by greed, or be driven by the consideration for money. He taught us to believe in God and have unshakeable faith. My daddy was also a dreamer, and he taught us to dream.

"He did not know how to fail. He taught us these things not by words, but by deeds and the way he lived. We celebrate his simplicity, his sense of honour and duty and his charitable spirit. He lived a life of dignity and carried himself to earn this,” Tewarie said.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai