Thursday, July 22, 2010

Eddie Hart likes it so; sticking with the PNM

Eddie Hart is sticking with his party, the People's National Movement (PNM).

The former Tunapuna MP told the media Wednesday that the reports were wrong that suggested that he was deserting his party and joining the People's Partnership.

The Trinidad and Tobago media were quiting "sources" as saying that Hart would jump ship, following the lead of former PNM MP Roger Joseph and the former PNM Mayor of San Fernando, Ian Atherly.

However Hart made it clear that the media reports were wrong.

"The people who know Eddie Hart know I ain't doing that. And I would really like to know where it all started...nobody never even ask me to join the People's Partnership. Nobody ask me to appear on any platform. I was never approached by anyone from the People's Partnership," he said.

Nobody from the People's Partnership stated that Hart would be crossing over although UNC Chairman and Works Minister Jack Warner had promised a "bobmshell" without giving details.

Warner and Hart have been friends for many years and Hart was actually working for Warner when he ran as the PNM candidate for the Tunapuna constituency.

"Mr Warner has supported me right through but that have nothing to do with politics. I am eternally grateful for Mr Warner's financial assistance (for football) and other assistance that he has given to me over the years, he's my friend but he's in the People's Partnership and I am in the People's National Movement.

"Football transcends all boundaries, we are not to bring politics into the football," said Hart.

"I went to him last week on football business. We ain't talk nothing about politics. He ain't tell me nothing about People's Partnership," he insisted.

"The PNM has been good to me. I served for 15 years in a balisier tie. Where I going?...I remain PNM. Keith is my boy, my partner. Keith is the leader now and I happy. I know he has an uphill battle," Hart told the Trinidad Express.

"It's a challenge for Keith, he had no time. As soon as he came in he had to take up the mantle of leadership and get ready in a week's time for elections. I hope that the People's National Movement do well and our people come out in their numbers and vote for the PNM," he said.

Hart told the paper like everybody else he was "looking to see who was the bombshell".

Warner told the Express: "I am aware of Eddie Hart's disaffection with politics, I am not aware that he will be speaking on the (People's Partnership) platform".

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai