Thursday, November 17, 2011

People welcome "Orange" program

While the opposition People's National Movement is grumbling and predicting an upsurge in crime, people who are the beneficiaries of the Housing Development Corporation's (HDC) Colour Me Orange project are grateful.

They are now saying they can pay their bills and eat. And they are hoping that the government will continue the program beyond the three months.

One man in San Fernando told the Express newspaper: "I was unemployed. I accumulated some debts, so now I am going to resolve that a bit." 

He added, "I am grateful to assist in the project that is beautifying my community and others. I am thankful to be among the youth to see them evolve into constructive human beings.
"I could not eat a decent meal as I have been away from the kitchen for some time. I could nourish my body now."

Another stated: "It is a very good programme. The work came at a very good time. For Christmas, we could eat a food; for New Year's, we could eat a food."

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai