Monday, October 3, 2011

Blogger dares Jearlean John to name him

The Trinidad Express says it has interviewed the man who is reportedly under investigation for alleged death threats against Jearlean John, the chair person of the Urban Development Corporation of Trinidad & Tobago (UDeCOTT).

John has reported the matter to police and the Guardian newspaper reported on Sunday that that police have confirmed that officers of the Port-of-Spain Criminal Investigation Department (CID) have interviewed John and are conducting inquiries in the alleged death threat.

John, who is also the managing director of the Housing Development Corporation (HDC), told the Guardian she would not allow anyone to bully her into breaking the rules and established systems.

“I have a job to do and I do it in a very transparent manner. If by implementing these systems I am putting my life at risk, so be it,” the paper quoted her as saying in a telephone interview from London.

The paper reported that police say the suspect is a man who has been unable to secure contracts at UDeCOTT. Police are reported to have several threatening emails sent to John, the Guardian reported.

However the Express said the man, whom it did not identify, said he is ready for any intended legal action against him. He also denied that he has threatened John.

"She cannot be speaking about me. I have never threatened her with anything," the Express quoted the man as saying.

The paper said the man dared John to publicly identify him as the one who has been issuing "threats" against her. It said the man claims John called him seeking a meeting.

"My phone records will show I never called her on her cell and never told her anything or said anything threatening in any e-mail which I posted. I dare her to come out and say my name. My lawyers are waiting," the man said.

The man avoided questions about whether he provided the Integrity Commission with information that has led to an investigation into John. "I do not know anything about the Integrity Commission's investigation and if I did, it would be highly confidential," he told the paper.

The Express said the man is standing by his claims that, under John, UDeCOTT contracts are being awarded without the proper tendering process. He said UDeCOTT has not made any of the 91 changes recommended by the Uff commission.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai