Friday, November 12, 2010

Not me and CNMG; Fazeer not interested in working for state media in T&T

Fazeer Mohammed is not interested in any position at the state-owned Caribbean New Media Group (CNMG).

Both Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and the company's CEO Ken Ali said Thursday the former talk show host on the CNMG morning show was never fired and that there are plans for him to work in other areas as part of a "realignment of competencies" to maximise the resources of the company.

"I have decided to take my leave," Mohammed told the Trinidad Express. "I have decided to submit my resignation," he added.

"I don't know who else has been dismissed or realigned, but I know that their has been some disquiet at the CNMG newsroom, and it is really unfortunate because at the end of the day, no matter who they get that is more competent, it's about independent journalism," Mohammed said.

Former TV6 morning show host Andy Johnson, who heads the Government Information Services Ltd (GISL), has replaced Mohammed on the morning show First Up. 

Johnson admits that operating in his dual role can be uncomfortable. However he believes he can be objective and unbiased, despite his direct connection to the government. 
 
"I made a decision to host the show until they found a replacement but as I said it's not the most comfortable of situations...but it is a temporary position," he said.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai