Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Chandresh resigns, pledges full support for PM and government

Media statement from Chandresh Sharma, MP
Chandresh Sharma MP
  


I have always said that my entry into public office is about service to the people not about me. Some say it is a thankless task, but for me each day brings a level of satisfaction that is immeasurable. 

I have served my country faithfully and selflessly for close to two decades. During this entire period my personal life has never been the subject of public discourse. I am not the story, the work I do is the full account of who I happen to be. 

I acknowledge, however, that public life comes with a level of scrutiny and expectation that does not allow for consideration of your version of events.

With the stories swirling around on my personal life even seeking to clarify the issues through statements will undoubtedly be countered by others. So that is not an option.

I will not allow these allegations to detract from the good work of the government nor to sully the name of my party. Anything I attempt to say on the matter will only serve to feed the issue.

It is therefore with a heavy heart but a light spirit of commitment to my country and recognition of the burden of responsibility I hold as a Minister of Government that I offer the Honourable Prime Minister of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, my unreserved resignation.

I will continue privately to clear my name in the interest of justice. No further public statement on matters pertaining to the alleged incident will be made as it is entirely a matter for my attorneys to handle.

I wish to take the opportunity to thank my constituents for reposing their faith in me and to pledge to continue serving them, I express my heartfelt gratitude as well to my Cabinet colleagues and others for their words of encouragement and understanding, and to the Honourable Prime Minister for providing me the opportunity to have served the nation.

I am a firm believer in karma and trust that the future will work itself out through the life I have lived, the judgment of which I leave ultimately to God. Thank you all.

Chandresh Sharma, MP
31st March 2014

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai