Saturday, July 6, 2013

Jack's letter to Kamla

This is the letter that Jack Warner said he delivered to Kamla Persad-Bissessar Friday night.

Dear Political Leader,

Even though to date I have not been afforded the courtesy of being formally informed by the UNC that I have been rejected as its candidate for the July 29 bye-election, I am still convinced that respect for you, makes it necessary that I will inform you of my recent activities.

I wish to state that as of 8 pm, I would have formed a political party under which banner I will contest the bye election. Although I will be contesting against the UNC and PNM which have both offered candidates, my intention is to offer my party to be a part of the People’s Partnership after the bye election of July 29.

This is in keeping with the trend set by the People’s Partnership to unite all opposition against the PNM, a precedence that has already been set where in the Coalition there are members in Parliament with no party and parties that have no MPs.

I expect the same open arm approach when I apply for membership after the election. I wish to remind you that you have always clearly positioned yourself as mother and grandmother of this nation which I have never challenged.

However, against this background I am appealing to your maternal instincts to leave my family... my wife and three sons out of the politics of hate and revenge. Politics of hate and revenge which has overwhelmed our society and painfully scorched our landscape.

I have no problem with attacks on me but when it comes to my family I am extremely sensitive and will defend my family against any and all attacks. Finally, I have taken note that there is no response not even a letter of acknowledgment to the last three letters I have sent you. I note that this is not your style. I am hoping that you drift away from the recent trend and at least acknowledge this letter.
Warm regards, 

Jack Warner,
Interim Political Leader, IRP

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai