Thursday, July 18, 2013

I never went to US embassy with Jack Warner: Francis Joseph

Francis Joseph
Former adviser to Jack Warner Francis Joseph told JYOTI Thursday he never went to the US embassy with Jack Warner.

The former cabinet minister told reporters on Wednesday that he surrendered his US Green Card in December last year in exchange for a 10-year visa and that he exchanged it for a 10-year visa. He said Francis was with him when he went to the embassy.

JYOTI asked Francis about it Thursday morning in an email to Joseph, who is now the Press Secretary in the Office of the Prime Minister.

This is his response:

"Having heard on television and radio, and read in today's (Thursday) newspapers what Mr. Jack Warner said about me, I would like to make it categorically clear that I NEVER WENT WITH JACK WARNER TO THE US EMBASSY TO GIVE UP HIS GREEN CARD.

"I was totally surprised that Mr. Warner would insinuate that I, now being the Press Secretary to the Prime Minister, would have given her that information.

"That is totally untrue and unfounded.

"I worked with Mr Warner for three years and during that time, I remained loyal and confidential despite the barrage of attacks on him. I was even the victim of attacks by some of my former media colleagues for working
with Mr Warner, but I stayed the course because I had a contribution to make.

"It is the same way I remain loyal and confidential at the Office of the Prime Minister.

"On most occasions when Mr Warner had to leave the country, I was at the Piarco Airport to see him off, and was back at the airport for his return. I was present when he left on November 25, 2012 and when he returned on November 27, 2012.

"I read where Mr Warner said he went to the US Embassy on December 28, 2012 and gave up his Green Card. Again, I state, I did not go with Mr Warner to the US Embassy on that date, or any other date. Based on checks I made this morning, he was taken there by his security detail.

"Mr Warner never informed me that he gave up his Green Card. I learnt about this when the Hon Prime Minister spoke at a political meeting earlier this week.

"I wrote to Mr Warner this morning pointing out his error when he said I accompanied him to the US Embassy. Despite it all, I have the utmost respect for Mr Warner, and do wish him all the best in the by-election on July 29th.

Regards, 
Francis Joseph

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai