Thursday, April 4, 2013

Letter: Soldiers with police is good medicine for crime epidemic

I often hear my older relatives describe crime as a “disease”. I have to agree with them! But I think our current situation in Trinidad and Tobago is like an epidemic really and we need to find the cure. 

My grandmother says “when one medicine not working try another", which brings me to the Government’s latest proposal to give soldiers police powers. 

I am not totally convinced that it is the absolute cure for the disease of crime but I am convinced enough that it’s worth a try. Perhaps like a course of antibiotics. So maybe we can try some of the bush medicine for the 2 years that the Government is suggesting. 

Let’s give it a try; what do we have to lose? The soldiers are already being used by the police anyways.

When you are sick and fed up you try all types of medicine, all types of potions. It seems to me that the use of the soldiers is a potion that’s helping so far.
I ask you, if your child were sick wouldn’t you try the neighbour’s potion knowing that the neighbour’s kids were better in time? Or would you wait till your child is on his last breath to try another medicine.

Come on T&T we need to swallow this pill to make our country better. Let’s give those criminals some army potion!

Sarah A Samaroo | San Juan

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai