Monday, March 11, 2013

Letter: PNM member wants to vote for PM Kamla

Open letter to Mrs Kamla Persad-Bissessar,
Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago.

Dear Prime Minister,

I did not vote for you, it's true. But that doesn't mean I don't admire you. 

I've read of your accomplishments and about the great sacrifices you made to get where you are, your story has tremendously inspired and encouraged me as a woman and Trinidadian hailing from the countryside. 

You've done women and country folks proud. Except for one niggling area, I'm very tempted to give you my vote next time around.

I would like to see the African base in your Partnership given a greater say in how this country is run so us wavering Africans could feel welcome. 

My party has always portrayed itself as African, but Africans have not really prospered under it. Look around at the slums and understand. What's the alternative course besides you for my people? 

As a mother and grandmother, you surely must understand where I'm coming from. As Prime Minister, you have the power to make things different in your hand.

I hope my words help you become a better national leader. Never mind us being from different political backgrounds, I really don't wish to see you fail. 

Whatever you do, Prime Minister, don't lose your focus, for powerful office is also a powerful distraction since, if you don't keep on top of things, it encourages all sorts of bugs to come out the woodwork and congregate around your light and cloud your vision.

Octavia Crichlow | Upper Ojoe Road, Sangre Grande.
(PNM but no fanatic)

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai