|Pink Panther on stage Thursday - looking for leadership|
Twelve calypsonians, include former monarchs, competed in the show at the Queen's Park Savannah, each performing two pieces.
Taylor's prize is $1 million in cash. His first calypso was about a missing ship. "I see the scholarship, I see the sponsorship, I see the dealership, I see the ownership, I find the membership, some underhand relationship all around the Partnership, but I can't find the Leadership."
His second number was about the deaths of fellow calypsonians Sonny "Mighty Power" Francois and Seadley "Penguin" Joseph, and cultural icons who have passed away around Carnival time.
- Eric "Pink Panther" Taylor - Travel Woes/Crying In The Chapel
- Kurt Allen - Political Sin Phony/Black Stalin Say
- Heather MacIntosh - The Old Man's Lament/Invisible
- Roderick "Mr Chucky" Gordon - Bear With Me/The New Addiction
- Karene Asche - Meh Pardna Ship/Eat Ah Food
- Eunice Peters - None Of The Above/Keshorn D Javelin Champion
- Duanne O'Connor - Building A Wall/ Seeking Sparrow's Advice
- Alana Sinnette Khan - No Moral Authority/Pathological
- Dr Hollis "Chalkdust" Liverpool - Prodigal Son/Virginia's Alzheimer
- Kizzie Ruiz - In The Age Of Blog/T And T Forever
- Marva "Marvelous Marva" Joseph - Come Back To What/Woman's Contribution To Trinidad And Tobago
- Victoria "Queen Victoria" Cooper - D Betrayal/Club 34