Friday, February 8, 2013

Montano ready for Fantastic Friday, confident he'll reign supreme

International Groovy and Power Soca Monarch Machel Montano is in top form and he says he'll walk away Friday night with the top prize at the show at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.

It's Fantastic Friday that kicks Carnival into full gear, culminating in the two-day parade of the bands on Monday and Tuesday.

"I feel the competition will be a great showing of the talent of this nation. I know everyone is working hard to put on their best performances. I'm excited to bring my "A" game," the entertainer told the Express newspaper.


"My faith is strong...I block out all the negatives...and I cling to my friends and fans that encourage and support me. I read the positive only and the rest is about working hard to achieve the goals at hand," he added.

Montano's recent conviction on assault charges is having some impact on him but he's not letting it bother his work, he said.

"I am thankful for all the support we have received and I now leave it up to the justice system, while I keep my faith in the Lord. Taking one day at a time, I pray, I trust and I move forward with the many tasks at hand."

Montano will perform in position 9 in both the Groovy and Power competitions.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai