Caribbean Airlines will allow passengers affected by delays and cancellations due to a severe weather system in New England and New York area, to change their reservations without penalty.
In an online advisory CAL said this applies to passengers booked and ticketed to travel to/from New York during the period February 08 -09, 2013, subject to the following conditions:
- Passengers must already be in possession of a ticket with confirmed reservations issued no later than February 07, 2013.
- Booked to travel to/from New York (JFK) during the period February 08 – February 09, 2013
- Changes may be made up to February 28, 2013. The original inventory within the relevant cabin is not required; however the PNR must be properly documented
- Passengers requesting changes to origin/destination is not permitted
- CAL will not be responsible for arrangements to/from an alternate airport or for any hotel/overnight expenses incurred
- Full refund (without penalty) will be allowed only on tickets issued for travel (to/from New York) between February 08 and 09, 2013
"Passengers with totally unused tickets who elect not to travel during the specified period may have their tickets placed on hold for future travel on Caribbean Airlines up to 1 year from the original date of issue. Any difference, including change penalty between the original ticket and the new ticket must be collected," CAL said.