Sunday, January 20, 2013

PNM wants apology from PM

Dr Denise Tsoi-a-Fatt-Angus. "I demand an apology..." 
PNM Tobago Council public relations officer Dr Denise Tsoi-a-Fatt-Angus told national media Saturday she wants an apology from Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar over statements persad-Bissessar made Friday night with respect to the MISHRIV land deal involving the Tobago House of Assembly.

“I demand an apology for my mother and myself and I will be looking at my legal options,” Tsoi-a-Fatt-Angus said, calling the statements by the PM 

"desperate and shameful". 

Tsoi-a-Fatt-Angus said, "The statements are totally inaccurate and erroneous...the land belonged to my mother, my uncle and my uncle-in-law. It was family land from my grandfather. They would have sold it during that time.”

She added that her family was told they won't get planning permission for development on the land so they decided to sell. She said it was not sold to Dankett. "I am not even sure who, but it was not Dankett or anybody like that and it certainly was not the THA that the land was sold to," she said. 

She acknowledged her salary $30,000 and "allowances" without giving details of how much she gets in allowances. "My salary is no different than that of my medical colleagues...I left private practice to come and do this,” she said.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai