|These three pictures are from PNM online sites|
We have seen aerial photos taken at the peak of the "march". The assembled crowd spanned no more than two blocks along Lara Promenade (and that's being generous, was really about a block and a half).
Even if you remove all the trees, buildings and benches from the Lara Promenade, the area occupied Friday still could hold no more than 10,000 persons, because people weren't standing jampacked, like in a Nikki Minaj or Machel Montano concert. Do the Maths!
- Standing room occupied by each person.....5 sq ft
- Width of Lara Promenade.....100 ft
- Avg. length of Lara Promenade blocks.....200 ft
- No. of Lara Promenade blocks occupied by crowd.....2 blocks
- Length of Lara Promenade occupied by crowd.....400 ft
- Total area occupied by crowd.....40,000 sq ft
- No. of persons in crowd.....8,000
- No. of persons normally on Lara Promenade during similar timing (Friday, monthend)....500
- Final, realistic tally of Rowley crowd......7,500 persons.
- Final pronouncement of Rowley effort.......Fail! And miserably too!
Bagatelle, Diego Martin, Trinidad.