Sunday, September 23, 2012

Volney did not offer his resignation, Jack tells reporters

Jack Warner told reporters Saturday that he has no recollection of Herbert Volney offering his resignation to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

The former Justice Minister made that claim, stating that he learned of his dismissal during the Prime Minister's address to the nation on Thursday night.

Reporters wanted clarification on the matter from the Prime Minister, whom they confronted after she made a speech at the Trinidad and Tobago Police Youth Club extravaganza at the Centre of Excellence in Macoya.

However she declined further comment on the matter and suggested they speak with her National Security Minister, who was present at the meeting she had with Volney on Thursday. 

Warner stated, "I was there when the Prime Minister met with Mr Volney. I was there in the Cabinet meeting and what Mr Volney has said is not my recollection on the matter. Much has been said but that is my recollection of the matter and I would like to leave it at that. I would not like to say much more at this stage."

A post of Volney's Facebook page Saturday stated: "I want to thank all the hundreds of people from all walks of life for your support for me and my family. We are people of faith and we are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ. We need now to pray to God for strength for our Prime Minister who is now overcome by Anand Ramlogan that she may purge herself of the influence of one who is unelected by the people but influences her in a way that We the People must fear.”

Another quote from the Facebook page urged supporters to to "lend our Prime Minister your heart so that she will have the strength and vision to see what is wrong and deal with it. Pray for her. I am already covered and spared by my dismissal."

Warner did not comment on the contents of the Facebook page. However he told the media he visited Volney at his home to empathise with him.
“We discussed certain matters, he made certain promises of how he would treat the situation and I am looking to see how that works out,” Warner stated.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai