Monday, October 1, 2012

Letter: Send Rowley's 'no signature' petition back to him

Only just now I got a chance to look at the newspaper and am amazed to learn that the Acting President, Timothy Hamel-Smith has confirmed the document Dr Keith Rowley delivered to him on Tuesday last had no signatures attached to it all!

Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, isn't that what the Sunday Express said?


'Acting President Timothy Hamel-Smith told TV6 News last night, that although he received a petition condemning the Section 34 issue from Rowley there were no signatures attached. He said Rowley promised him these signatures, but he had not received any yet.'

How could a petition be a petition if there is no petitioner?

I'm glad I didn't waste my time walking behind Dr Rowley. In fact, since I haven't seen or heard from him since getting flooded out a month and a half ago, the idea of being seen in his company is the furthest thing from my mind. 

To Dr Rowley all I have to say is, you told the people you were going to take them on a march to petition the President, but again, all you did was to take the people for a ride.

To the Acting President now: Sir, I hope by the time you read my letter you would have given the no signature petition the treatment it deserved. That is, to put it in an envelope marked 'Return to Sender, President's Office doesn't have time for jokey politicians.'


I also apologize on behalf of my member of parliament and promise to fix it so he won't put you through any further stress after the middle of 2015.

Thank you for taking the time off your busy and important schedule this last day of September to listen to me.

Erica Campbell-Moe | formerly of La Puerta, Diego Martin.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai