Monday, June 18, 2012

Hart says he never changed his address, plans to fight civil proceedings

Calder Hart says he is still living at the place where the government served him legal documents in the past.

That address is Unit 701 Las Olas, Grand Private Condominiums, 411 N New River Drive, East Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33301-3176, United States/

The Guardian media reported on Sunday that legal documents sent to Hart at that address have been returned. 

However the Express newspaper reported Monday that Hart issued a statement on Sunday stating that he is still at the same address.

The former Urban Development Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago Ltd (UDeCoTT) said contrary to media reports he had not 'disappeared'. He added that he intends to fight the current civil proceedings against him.

The statement, quoted in the Express, said: "Contrary to recent media reports I have not disappeared and under no means have I fled from Trinidad and Tobago. I left Trinidad and Tobago to protect my family after a violent attack at my house. My current whereabouts are accurate and well documented.

"I continue to reside at the published address since my departure from Trinidad and the contact details supplied to the Office of the Attorney General and the company's attorney remain the same. 

"Not only do I intend to fight the State's false claims and to prove my innocence beyond doubt, but I encourage the people of Trinidad to withhold any judgment until all evidence has been provided and to understand the government's use of me as another pawn to improve their political standing.

"I've given the majority of my working life to improving the well-being of the people of Trinidad and Tobago and my efforts helped the country to not only be a regional leader, but to set a platform for global success."

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai