Saturday, March 10, 2012

Jack reports offensive, unathorised Facebook site

File: Works Minister Jack Warner at work
Jack Warner has issued a statement distancing himself from Facebook site purporting to be with his authorisation.

In an official release the MP for Chaguanas West and Chairman of the United National congress (UNC) said the site was created without his knowledge. He noted that he is deeply offended because the site contains material that is "extremely abusive and highly offensive to me".

He said he has tried without success to determine the administrator and/or creator of this site "especially since it facilitates the maligning of my colleagues and the distribution of propaganda and content which seem determined to tarnish the character of many persons within the People’s Partnership Government; a government to which I belong."

He added, "On many occasions the content posted was not even an economy of truth; they all were blatant lies. 

"And while I respect the rights of individuals to hold opinions and express them using various forms of media even the social media, I hold the view that any such medium using my name should have both my blessings and my approval.

"In this regard, I have officially written to Facebook requesting that this Jack Warner site be immediately removed from Facebook. 

"I have also written the Police Commissioner, Dr Dwayne Gibbs, requesting that an investigation be launched to determine the creators/administrators of this site with a view of initiating criminal proceedings if necessary.

"I have also asked my attorney, Mr. Om Lalla, to review the contents to determine whether Facebook or any other person can be held culpable for the libel it caused to publish and to take the appropriate legal action against such persons or organisations.

"The damage caused by persons indiscriminately using my name is irreparable in most cases and I wish to empathise with the persons who have been caused much pain and damage.

"As such, I wish to distance myself from what has been published and that I will not be a part of these dirty tricks which have begun to surface as we prepare for the Internal Elections of the United National Congress."

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai