Friday, July 2, 2010

Virgil quits Integrity Commission for health reasons

The police officer who investigated former Prime Minister Basdeo Panday and former Chief Justice Satnarine Sharma has resigned his post at the Integrity Commission, citing health reasons.

However Assistant Commissioner Wellington Virgil, 63, denied that his departure at this time is linked to several controversial investigations before the Commission.


"I have given 42 years of service to my country and it is about time I give other people a chance to make their own contributions," Virgil told the media.


He also dismissed talk about a conflict with the commission.

“It is just that I needed to spend some time dealing with issues of health. After all of these years of stress it started to take a toll on me and I thought I needed to come out of the race.”

He now plans to "take it light and get some much needed rest.”

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai