Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Let them talk, they can't move me: Jeremie

Trinidad and Tobago's Attorney General remains defiant as the Law Association gets ready to debate a motion of no confidence in him.

John Jeremie told the Trinidad Express the association's decision cannot affect his tenure, nor would it in any way affect his continued performance of his public duties.

"Whatever happens, I am not certain that the Law Association is empowered with the responsibility or the power to remove a sitting attorney general. They can do nothing about that," Jeremie told the paper.

He said he is very grateful for all the "unsolicited expressions of support, both private and public", made by Karl Hudson Phillips, Israel Khan, Dana Seetahal "and countless others, members of the inner bar, who have called to express solidarity and support. I feel at home."

He told the paper the Law Association had no authority over his job. "I have a job to do...Nothing is going to stop me from doing my work...I will establish my priorities. Whatever is to happen, will happen."

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai