Thursday, March 3, 2011

Daniel's final farewell

Daniel Guerra was buried Wednesday with his family vowing to never rest until his killer is found.

Daniel was found dead in the Taruba river two days after he went to a neighbouring mini mart to buy soft drinks and never returned. His uncle, Joseph Mahabir, saw him enter a Silver Almera.

At the funeral Mahabir asked for forgiveness. “My son...If I had known this was the road you had to walk, I would have saved you my son. But I did not know, forgive me.

“Just know we are not going to leave this in peace. I will give my last drop of blood to bring that person to justice,” Mahabir said.  

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar attended the funeral with the MP for the constituency, Foreign affairs Minister Dr Suruj Rambachan, Education Minister Dr Tim Gopeesingh and Minister in the Labour Ministry Rudy Indarsingh.

Persad-Bissessar read a letter to Daniel and told mourners she would convene a meeting with all security personnel to identify crime-fighting solutions to create a catalyst for change.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai