Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's confirmed: Garvin Nicholas is new T&T High Commissioner to UK

A senior government source has confirmed to JYOTI that Press Secretary Garvin Nicholas will be Trinidad and and Tobago's new High commissioner to London.

Other local media reports also report the appointment, citing "high level Government sources". The reports say Nicholas has already received all the necessary clearances and could be taking up the position as early as December 1.

These reports have circulated in the media before. However it is the first time that media have confirmed the information.

Nicholas told the Trinidad Express, "I have always said that I would be pleased to serve this Government in any capacity where my skills and talents can be best utilised for the development of my country.

"As an attorney and barrister, I have a sound understanding of international law. Having been an integral part of the Government, I understand its policies. And because of my extensive professional affiliation with the UK, I understand their culture."

Nicholas told the paper he intends to use his skills and talents to foster trade and encourage tourism while looking after the needs of T&T citizens living in the UK.

"I enjoyed being the country's first Press Secretary. I have great faith in this Government and I look forward to my new role as Trinidad and Tobago's representative in the UK," he said.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai