Saturday, November 13, 2010

Francis Joseph says he knew about wiretapping, says it didn't bother him

One of the journalists named in the list presented to Parliament on Friday is Francis Joseph, who was a senior reporter with the Trinidad Guardian. He now works as a senior communications adviser to Works and Transport Minister, Jack Warner.

In an immediate response, Joseph issued the following brief statement:

“I knew since 2007 that both my home and cell phones were being monitored. A friend of mine, who works at the SIA approached me and told me to be careful who I call and who I speak to on the phone because I was being monitored.

"I thought nothing about it as being a senior journalist, with the wide contact list I possessed, I would always be monitored. I knew other journalists, especially political reporters, were being monitored. 

"It really never bothered me because they will never find anything unlawful from me. But I never thought that the list named by the PM were being tapped."

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai