Thursday, December 3, 2009

From the archives: Kamla: I am UNC, I remain UNC

When the UNC Alliance decided to reject a recommendation for Kamla Persad Bissessar to lead the 2007 general election campaign, there was speculation that he would desert the part and walk over to the Congress of the People (COP).

But she stood firm in her position and issued this statement from her constituency office in Siparia on the eve of the UNC Alliance rally in Chaguanas:


"I am UNC.

"I remain UNC.

"I am fully committed to do everything it takes to remove the PNM and bring back good governance to our country.

"I have worked steadfastly towards this goal at my constituency and at the national level. The PNM is the enemy.

"I will do whatever it takes to remove the PNM and restore responsible government to our country.

"Mobilization in the constituency of Siparia continues apace in preparation for tomorrow's UNC Alliance Victory Rally at Mid Centre Mall, Chaguanas where I will be in attendance and where I will speak as scheduled.

"In this vein, I appeal to all of my supporters and all supporters of the UNC Alliance to come out in full force at the Victory Rally as we accelerate the battle against the PNM."

Kamla Persad-Bissessar | (signed) October 6, 2007

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai