Latest from SM Jaleel as reported in the Express newspaper:
• ExportTT has confirmed that SM Jaleel DID NOT export the container of juices with cocaine to the US.
• From all accounts the shipment was not exclusively juice and was a consolidated container with other products from Trinidad not associated with SM Jaleel.
• We have been reliably informed that the container in question was shipped by from Port of Spain to Norfolk Virginia. SM Jaleel & Co ltd ships to the USA with Seaboard Marine from Point Lisas port to Brooklyn.
• The juice product was NOT original and had been tampered with.
• Who shipped it? Why is it a secret? The public needs to be informed.
• Our products are being targeted since we are this country’s #1 non-oil/petrochemical exporter and because our brands are well known and respected.