Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Haitian President says Thanks to PM Kamla

The President of Haiti, Michel Martelly, has sent a letter was to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar expressing "sincerest appreciation for the great consideration you showed to us in graciously placing at at our disposal a Caribbean Airlines flight for our travel to Johannesburg, with the Trinidad and Tobago and Bahamian delegations, in order to attend the State funeral for Nelson Mandela."
File: PM Kamla Persad-Bissessar introduces US Vice President and President Michel Martelly of Haiti
The letter, which was released to the media by the Office of the Prime Minister, is reproduced below:

Madame Prime Minister,

With my return to Haiti, I take great pleasure in expressing to you, on my behalf, and on behalf of my wife Sophia as well as the Haitian delegation that accompanied us, my sincerest appreciation for the great consideration you showed to us in graciously placing at our disposal a Caribbean Airlines flight for our travel to Johannesburg, with the Trinidad and Tobago and Bahamian delegations, in order to attend the State funeral for Nelson Mandela.

I do not know how to fully express to you our appreciation for the numerous acts of kindness you have shown to us and for which we are most grateful, kindness which was amply demonstrated in the manner in which we were treated during our journey. 

During our State visit to your magnificent country, I experienced, on many occasions, your excellent hosting capabilities. And on every occasion on which we have had the opportunity to meet, a point is added to the measure of your sophistication and your high-class personality.

I reiterate my heartfelt appreciation to you and and take this opportunity to express to your office, and to the Government and people of Trinidad and Tobago, my best wishes for health, peace and the greatest success for the Christmas season and for the New Year.

I will continue to proceed in a manner consistent with strengthening the increasing ties of friendship between Trinidad and Tobago and the Republic of Haiti through the enhancement of the cooperation between our countries as it develops within diverse regional institutions to which you and I remain very attached.

With my renewed thanks, please accept, Madame Prime Minister, the assurances of my highest consideration.

Michel Joseph Martelly | President

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai