Thursday, September 5, 2013

Obit: William Latchman

Williams Latchman
JYOTI is deeply saddened to learn of the sudden death of a friend and colleague, William Latchman, in Trinidad.

William collapsed outside the Cascadia Hotel and was pronounced dead at hospital. He had gone to the hotel to attend a conference about assisting deportees to reintegrate into society. 

He was supposed to deliver remarks at the inaugural stakeholders engagement in the National Strategy for the Reception of Deportees in Trinidad and Tobago in his capacity as chairman of the Deportee Task Force (DTF). 

I had known William for 41 years. We met in 1972 when I began my media career at what was then ttt - Trinidad and Tobago Television. William was an engineer at ttt and in my work as a technical operator and later a journalist at ttt I had to work with him on many occasions. He had changed careers after ttt closed and was a popular radio talk show host on i95.5FM

In all my dealings with him I always found William to be a true professional and a gentleman. 

I wish to extend my personal condolences to the family.

Jai Parasram

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai