Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Jack says he refused government travel to save money

Jack Warner admitted to media on Tuesday that he refused to travel to several countries while he was a government minister and explained why.

He said he wanted to save the government money and also said he was tired of being harassed by airport security procedures. "I have no intention to go on a plane again to open my legs, take off my pants, take off my belt, hands up and so on. I’m not doing that anymore! I am tired!” he said. 

Warner said he was in Miami on November 25, last year, when he spoke to Persad-Bissessar. That was a brief private visit.

He said, “The Prime Minister asked me to go to Canada, I said no. She asked me to go to Rome, I said no. They asked me to go to India in a massive delegation with Government funding and so on, I said no I won’t go to India.”

Warner claimed that the cost of government travel over the past three years could have built between 1,000 and 2,000 homes in each constituency.

The former cabinet minister also denied that he told Persad-Bissessar he and his family were under investigation for white- collar crimes.

“It is totally untrue,” he said.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai