|The lime green dress worn for the swearing-in|
Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar is one of the best dressed leader in the world. That's according to VANITY FAIR magazine.
The fashion and lifestyle magazine's March 27, 2013 names Persad-Bissessar at number six among the 10 Best Dressed World Leaders.
The photo used
by VANITY FAIR
Prime Minister of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
The first female prime minister of Trinidad and Tobago—and the second first female prime minister on this list—Kamla Persad-Bissessar chose a shiny, lime-green suit for her swearing-in and has not ceased experimenting with more adventurous fashion since. She pairs drop earrings with pearl necklaces, brooches with statement lapels, pink jackets with purple eye shadow, and, most notably, a punchy personal style with political appropriateness."
The photo the magazine chose in its publication is one with Persad-Bissessar wearing a sari:
The list in order of listing is:
- David Cameron, PM of the United Kingdom
- Laura Chinchilla, President of Costa Rica
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Sonia Gandhi, President of the Indian National Congress
- Barack Obama, President of the United States of America
- Kamla Persad-Bissessar, PM of Trinidad & Tobago
- Werner Faymann, Chancellor of Austria
- Joyce Banda, President of Malawi
- Enrique Pena Nieto, President of Mexico
- Olafur Ragnar Grimsson, President of Iceland