Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Letter: Sea Lots walkover won't solve problem

The ruction makers of Sea Lots claim they exploded due to the lack of a walkover. How could the presence of a walkover be expected to pacify them and guarantee safe passage for motorists beneath?
I have personally encountered so-called acts of criminal violence along the Beetham Highway. 

One October night in 1978 the Hillman Minx I owned suffered a smashed windscreen due to a stone thrown by a scamp who was lurking in the dark, just east of the WASA building. 

I almost panicked, but, thank God I wasn’t driving too quickly, so I was able to bring the vehicle to a stop quickly. Fortunately for me, the watchman was crossing the road about 50 feet away. He intervened and chased the crook away.

Another time, I got a flat in broad daylight not far from the Beetham dumping ground. Three scruffy looking characters came across pretending to help but made off with my handbag instead. 

As it stands now, no one can convince me the culture of those living in Beetham and Sea Lots has changed. 

I am convinced that if the walkover is built, they would put it to negative use, like dropping objects on cars passing below. 

In light of that, I suggest no walkover or, if it must be built, let it begin in the Traffic Branch compound near the Market and end in the police controlled compound over the Beetham Highway, where Traffic Branch used to be and where stolen or seized vehicles are stockpiled.
Octavia Crichlow | Upper Ojoe Road, Sangre Grande.
(PNM! But no fanatic!)

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai