Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Carmona: I will serve with fairness (from the Trinidad Guardian)

President-elect Anthony Carmona, second from left, in back row, poses for a picture with House Speaker Wade Mark and members of his family, from left, front row, Cheryll Foster, (sister) Reema Harrysingh-Carmona (wife) and Felicita Gregoire, (sister). Back row, left, Dr Nandi Harrysingh (brother-in-law) and Desmond Dickie (uncle). The photograph was taken shortly after Carmona received his instrument of appointment from Mark at Parliament Office, Tower D, International Waterfront Complex, Port-of-Spain, yesterday (Monday). GUARDIAN PHOTO: SHIRLEY BAHADUR.
Read the Guardian story:
Carmona: I will serve with fairness
CARMONA QUOTES: 

"I am prepared to serve this nation with the same kind of clarity, objectivity, fairness and due process that I have always invoked in my capacity as deputy Director of Public Prosecutions and acting DPP, as a former appeals counsel at the International Criminal Tribunal for Yugoslavia and the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, and as a judge of the High Court, and I feel honoured to be so bestowed with this responsibility.”

“We are engaging in a new process...to bring a sense of governance to all and sundry: that governance must not be a cloistered reality: it is for all.”


“I have to thank Almighty God and I have to thank my wife Reema...The unstinting support that she has given me over the years has brought me where I am today.”

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai