|Click here for more|
The ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC) led by Prime Minister Tillman Thomas is seeking a new five year mandate.
The main opposition New National Party (NNP), which lost the 2008 general election by an 11-4 margin, is hoping to reverse that result and regain the power it lost after 13 consecutive years in office. It is led by Keith Mitchell.
A field of 46 candidates are contesting the election from eight political parties along with 2 independents:
- National Democratic Congress – NDC (15)
- New National Party – NNP (15)
- Good Old Democracy – GOD (2)
- Grenada Renaissance Party – GRP (3)
- Grenada United Patriotic Movement – GUPM (2)
- Movement of Independent Candidates – (3)
- National Unity Front – NUF (3)
- People’s United Labour Party – PULP (1)
- Independent – IND (2)