Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Political quote: Marlene McDonald in Parliament

HANSARD: Friday, November 18, 2011

Miss Marlene Mc Donald (Port of Spain South):
Thank you, Mr. Speaker and thank you for the opportunity to join this debate this evening, the Administration of Justice (Indictable Proceedings) Bill, 2011.

I want to tell the Member for St. Joseph, the Minister of Justice, this was not a new idea.
I went back and I looked. I researched and basically, this PNM Bench supported, back in 2009, when the then Attorney General discussed with us the abolition of the Indictable Offences (Preliminary Enquiry) Bill.
We supported it then and we support it now.
I just think we should put that on record.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai