Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Seepersad-Bachan dismisses t-shirt burning as a distraction

The Member of Parliament for San Fernando West issued a statement Tuesday in response to a protest the day before by some constituents including a founding member of the Congress of the People (COP).

Several members of the constituency burned t-shirts bearing the image of MP Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan for what they said was a lack of proper representation. 


Some of them stated that unless the party moves to correct the problem they would join the United National Congress.
Seepersad-Bachan called the protest a distraction and pledged to continue her work in the constituency.

"I was shocked and disappointed when I heard about the incident concerning the burning of jerseys outside of the Marabella constituency Sub-office.

"Over the past few weeks, significant strides have been made with respect to several projects in the Constituency of San Fernando West, especially with respect to the San Fernando Waterfront project which has attracted tremendous interest and support from many members of the community.

"I realize that this incident is meant to distract me from the work at hand. However, I remain committed and will not allow these detractors to stop me from performing my role as Member of Parliament for the Constituency of San Fernando West.

"I have received positive vibes for the San Fernando Waterfront project and I want to ensure that all stakeholders continue to feel a part of this momentous undertaking that is long overdue.

"I am convinced that those responsible for the burning of the jerseys and other acts of distraction will ultimately allow good sense to prevail."

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai