Sunday, April 22, 2012

Kamla chooses prayers to celebrate 60th brithday

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar celebrates her 60th birthday Sunday with prayers at her private residence in south Trinidad. Her guests will include friends and members of her cabinet and her party, the United National Congress (UNC).

Persad-Bissessar told the Express newspaper, "I feel truly blessed. I will be celebrating my birthday with my family and having prayers at my home. I feel great, healthy and proud at this time to be the leader of this great nation of Trinidad and Tobago."

She added, "I thank God for the opportunities he has given me. I look forward to the future and will persevere in all I do to continue to serve my fellow citizens of Trinidad and Tobago. I would also like to thank those who have sent me birthday wishes, my Cabinet colleagues friends and well wishers."

Persad-Bissessar has always made prayers an important part of her life. One of her campaign slogans has been "Put God in front and walk behind".

UNC Deputy political leader Roodal Moonilal told the paper it is commendable that she has chosen prayers to celebrate this important event in her life.

"It's a tribute to her character that she choose to celebrate her day in prayer. It has provided her with grounding and humility and it is consistent with her character of putting God in front. Her political career has been influenced by that value of gratitude to God and gratitude to her people." Moonilal said.

"It is very clear she gets her strength from God and family. The health and prosperity of a Prime Minister redounds to the health and prosperity of a nation," he added.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai