Tuesday, March 23, 2010

John examining UDeCOTT documents, will meet board later

Jearlean John formally took office at the new chairperson of UDeCOTT Monday and asked senior management for documents related to ongoing UDeCOTT projects.

She told Newsday that she plans to examine all projects.

"I am not singling out any project. They are involved in many projects. I am looking at all. I’ll be looking at all. Once a dollar of public money is being spent I will look at all," she told the paper.

John added, "I think what the country is looking for is the assurance that this is a company that adheres to the principles of good corporate governance...if there is non-compliance, then that has to be dealt with to ensure it does not happen again".

She has not yet met with members of the UDeCOTT board.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai