Saturday, January 9, 2010

Kamla drops in on Panday's meeting

Kamla Persad-Bissessar made an unscheduled stop Friday night at the launch of the campaign of United National Congress leader Basdeo Panday.

Panday is seeking re-election in the January 24 election and Persad-Bissessar is one of two MPs challenging him for the post. The other is Ramesh L. Maharaj, whose campaign so far has been directed at demonizing Persad-Bissessar.


Panday's meeting was at Penal Junction, in the Siparia constituency. Persad-Bissessar, who was on her way to her own meeting in St Helena told media she had not planned to stop at Panday's meeting but since the event was in her constituency she decided to drop in a greet UNC supporters.

"This is my constituency, and I came here to welcome my brothers and sisters of the UNC,: she told the Trinidad Express. She paper said UNC supporters "warmly greeted" her.

"My constituency has a large amount of UNC supporters. Mr Panday and I are both in the UNC. It is my constituency, I had to welcome them," she was quoted as saying.

No speaker acknowledged Persad-Bissessar while she remained at the meeting, the paper reported.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai