Saturday, September 26, 2009

Senator Annisette defends UDeCOTT

UDeCOTT board member, Senator Michael Annisette, defended the state organization Friday when he spoke in the budget debate saying it has a right to defend itself and even the government is out of place to challenge that right.

"I want to start on a very controversial issue because I intend to be very controversial. I intend to speak the truth as I see it from where I sit," the independent senator declared.

He said from what he is hearing in the debates on UDeCOTT it appears that there is a clear bias.


"I begin to wonder if rights are only determined based on who you like and who you don't like, or if our Constitution, which gives everybody the right under the law to a fair trial and a fair hearing, is being put on the background on the basis of sentimentalities and emotions and special interests and special groups," he said.

"My right cannot, and I make that without any apologies, be denied by any Minister or by any Government, that is my right," he stressed.

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai