Thursday, July 30, 2009

Chaguanas mayor pledges to work with everyone


The woman who succeeded Suruaj Rambachan as mayor of Chaguanas made her debut political speech Wednesday night at a meeting in El Dorado.

Natasha Navas said it is a privilege to stand on the Platform for Change "which has a shared vision of making the Chaguanas Borough the admiration of all and the envy of many."

And she promised that one of her first priorities will be to initiate an audit of the Borough, its finances, its assets, its liabilities as well as its issuing of contracts over the last six years.

She said her presence on the platform signalled her intention to use every platform to ensure that no community is left behind.

"There are times I feel burdened, stifled and even abused by a government that has become too bureaucratic, too centralized, too wasteful, too uncaring, and too unresponsive to us about the problems we face," she said.

Navas noted that there are all manner of problems to be solved in every community in the country and assured her audience of her commitment to build a better Trinidad and Tobago.

She said he wants to do her job "in peace and harmony with all men and women and to avoid personal feuds...with those who wish to distract me from achieving my goal."

She admitted that she will make mistakes but "one thing you can be assured of is that whenever I am knocked down I will rise again. Even though I may falter, with God’s help I will not fail; and when I stumble I will not fall for I am focused on delivering a better Chaguanas today and I stand so committed."

She invited everyone to work together. "Let us abandon the paths of divisiveness and confusion and unite to build better and stronger communities. Let us even love those who refuse to wish us well."

No comments:

Jai & Sero

Jai & Sero

Our family at home in Toronto 2008

Our family at home in Toronto 2008
Amit, Heather, Fuzz, Aj, Jiv, Shiva, Rampa, Sero, Jai